Friday, February 6, 2015

Whole30 ** Meal Plan Included

         Once Elli was born, and I was in the clear to diet and excercise again, I knew I wanted to do something that would stick. A true change that really would be a change for good, not just a change for a week. I started researching to find a program that would not only work for my personal needs, but also be something that I could easily adapt to fit the needs of my family. Ain't nobody got time to be a short order cook when you are chasing after a three year old and caring for a newborn.

Here I am with Elli at two weeks old. 
          Let me back up here and give you a brief history of my weight loss struggles. I've  been over weight for years and have done everything from Atkins, to Weight Watchers to Paleo. I would start  a diet, make little gains and then fall right back into my old habits. I was unhappy with how I looked and my relationship with food (hello stress eating). My self-esteem was low! I was looking for a quick fix, and was disappointed in myself when I didn't see immediate results. 

      Here I was now with two little girls I needed to be a role model for. I needed to show them how to be healthy and happy with who they were, and I needed to do that by being happy with who I was. I made it my mission to take care of myself and find something that was going to work! I knew this process would take time. I needed to find something that would transform not only my physical self, but my emotional self as well, and it had to be something that would work for the long haul. I didn't know what this magic "something" was going to be, but I was determined to find it. 

          I truly believe that God puts answers in front of us when we need them. All of the sudden this Whole30 thing kept popping up. A blurb in an article, a mention on Facebook or Instagram, an interview on a morning program. It seemed like everywhere I turned Whole30 was there. I starting looking more into what exactly it was and how it worked. And. . . . it really made sense! I began to read It Starts With Food and it was like everything fell into place. I knew that THIS was my answer. 


          I started my first round of Whole30 at the end of August right before school started. I began to notice how in control I felt of my eating and my cravings.  I was sleeping better at night, my skin was clear, I felt calm and in control of my emotions. For the first time in my teaching career I was coming home during those first few exhausting weeks of school with engery!?! I could play with my girls, make dinner and not be asleep on the couch at 6:00. The cherry on top was the inches and weight that I lost during the 30 days. 

          I'm now starting my fourth round and I have a whole group of coworkers who are starting this round with me. Many of them noticed my energy level, weight loss and as they put it "overall healthy look". They wanted to know what I was doing, and they wanted to do it too. 

             I'm certainly not a Whole30 professional, and each time I complete a 30 day cycle I learn more about the program, my own habits and how food effects my body.

         One of the best tips I can give for people just starting out, is to plan. Plan, plan and plan some more. I plan out my breakfasts and dinners for the 30 days. (I always have leftovers for lunch.) I prep snacks for the week and try and do as much meal prep as possible on the weekends. 

           To help my coworkers out I created a 30 day meal plan for breakfasts and dinners.  All of the recipes for these meals can be found on my Whole30 Pintrest board along with some other products, tips and sites that I've found helpful. 

         Someday I'll share pictures of my transformation, but for now, it's still a work in progress. Imperfect progress for sure, but progress none the less. 

          To download this plan just click on the picture below. 



1 comment: