Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Starting Over


          I love the idea of blogging, and have several blogs that I read on a daily basis. These bloggers are amazing, and each time I sit down to read their blogs I feel like I'm catching up with an old friend. I love reading their posts, peeking into their daily lives, and finding inspiration for teaching, decorating, parenting and more. I admire and respect these women!!!

          About a two years ago, when I started this blog, I'd decided I was going to become the next great teacher blogging super star. I was going to have the greatest, most mind blowing ideas. People where going to flock to my page, seek my advice and want to buy any and all products that I created. I pumped myself up to become this great, new and improved version of myself, based on someone else.

         **In full disclosure: I also thought I would some how become so much more trendy, have a picture ready home at all hours of the day and have kids who were always perfectly clean and looked like they stepped out of a baby gap ad. Now, I knew perfectly well, that my favorite bloggers don't live like this all the time, and that there blogs were snapshots of the good days. Yet, somewhere in my subconscious I began to put pressure on myself to fit this mold I had created. 

            Turns out. . .  I. Couldn't. Do. It! It just wasn't me.

         I  found myself, pushing my family and students aside to create a perfect post, to complete x number of posts a week, to network and try to build readers. I was spread too thin and not giving any part of my life 100%. So, I stopped. I stopped blogging, stopped the pressure and refocused on what was important at that moment in my life. 

             Fast forward to today. This blog has popped into my mind often over the past year or so. I did love  having my own little spot to keep and call my own, but the way I had been going about it was all wrong.

           So, here I am now, ready to give this a shot once again, but on my own terms. I will blog when the mood strikes, and I will blog for me. If other people choose to follow along, great! The more the merrier!! 

         The Cozy Classroom will be about my adventures in the classroom of Life. Life as a mom, wife, teacher, semi-foodie, wanna be interior decorator, coffee drinking, imperfectly perfect, hot mess! 

         So, if you want to join me in my crazy little circus, grab a cup of coffee and pull up a seat.

6 comments:

  1. I love this post because I was the same way when I began blogging!

    Beth
    easy peasy education

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth! Happy to know I was not the only one feeling this way!

      Delete
  2. You have got to take care of yourself and your
    Family first and foremost! You go girl! Can't wait to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachelle, you are the best cheerleader :) Tough lesson to learn, but you are so right!

      Delete
  3. I love this! I've felt exactly the same way since beginning my blog 3 years ago. I now post a couple of times a month (if that) and it works for me. It's nice to have the creative outlet even if only a handful are reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! I hopping that once I take that pressure off of myself it will be a great outlet!

      Delete