Sunday, September 15, 2013

Oh My Tiredness!

First of all, thank you so very much for your sweet emails after my last post. I am happy to report that after two weeks, we are into the full routine and happily chugging along. 

But, man o man am I tired!! This poor little blog has taken a back seat to family time, and a 9 o'clock bedtime! I am not even kidding. . . 9 rolls around and I am out for the count. Phew! 

We have been so busy these past two weeks though, it is no surprise that I am wiped out at the end of the day. 

My little crew this year is adorable!! They are the sweetest little group, and I am totally in love! 

We have spent the last two weeks working on all sorts of procedures; everything from lining up, to using scissors and glue, to how we wash our hands for lunch,  and we have been practicing them all over and over again. 


We have also been using Cara Carroll's sweet Say My Name pack to practice recognizing and writing our names as well as the names of our friends. The kiddos looooved using Scrabble Cheeze-Its to sort out letters that are or are not in their names. Who doesn't love an activity that involves food :) 


We have also been working lots on letter recognition, and knowing the difference between capital and lowercase letters. 

When I was in Chicago I was able to attend several workshops that talked about whole brain learning, and the effects that it has on how well a student learns/retains information. We have been ending our little morning meetings with "Choose your ABCs". I found twelve different alphabet clips, that all show the letters as they sing through the alphabet song. Each clip sings the song to a slightly different tune, some rap it, one is a disco version, and they all involve some type of movement. The leader for the day gets to choose which version we watch and sing. 

The kids really seem to love it, and we will see if there is an improvement in their letter recognition. 



1 comment:

  1. Your article is very good today I want to tell you that we are currently trading items such as exterior and interior accessories kitchen cabinets (phụ kiện tủ bếp), commonly used in the kitchen as Stainless steel cabinet (tủ kho inox) when you want to own these categories please contact us for a quotation accessories cupboard (báo giá phụ kiện tủ bếp) most precise. In addition, we also provide mosquito nets doors, when you want to install the door Mosquito netting (lắp đặt cửa lưới chống muỗi) you will find the door Hoang Minh mosquito nets so that we provide the kind of self-rolling mosquito screen door (cửa lưới chống muỗi tự cuốn) and if you're wondering whether the door mosquito netting good sort (cửa lưới chống muỗi loại nào tốt) we will give you detailed advice.

    ReplyDelete