Monday, August 12, 2013

Meet The Teacher

Hey there. . . . remember me??. . . . I use to blog here.

It has been a looooong time since I' ve posted, and I figured there has never been a better time to jump back into posting/blogging then now. 

I am linking up with Blog Hoppin for their Teacher Week '13


Today is Meet the Teacher Day! 

So, before I dive into more info about me, I feel like I owe you a bit of an explanation as to my sudden absence. 

At the beginning of Summer I went though some testing for a lump that I found. . . to make a long story short, it turned out to be scare tissue from a dislocated rib. PTL!!! 

A few days after getting my results, I came across this article, followed by this blog post a few days later. I couldn't help but think that  maybe God was giving me a little sign. So, I made a conscious decision to take a step back and really enjoy summer and time at home with my little family. Each day I focused on living, really living in the moment and enjoy all of the little things going on around us, and I have loved every minute of it! 

While I am still focusing on spending time with my family, I have also missed blogging and am excited to clear a little space each day to post again. 

So, now on to the random facts.

* My sweet little family consists of my amazing hubby Steve (who is also a teacher), our sweet little Edy (Edyn) who will be 2 in November, and Benny and Hali our two crazy dogs. 

* My hubby and I met when I was 16, he is my best friend, and an amazing Daddy to Edy, and I am so blessed to have him by my side!! 


* I am the oldest of 4. I have two sisters and a brother, and my family is very close. We love getting together whenever we can!

* Steve and I taught in Alaska for two years. We lived on an island 750 miles out in the middle of the Bering Sea. It was a wonderful adventure!! 

* I grew-up. . . and still spend my summers on the shores of Lake Superior, my fall in the woods surrounded by amazing Autumn colors and my winter (and spring) knee waist deep in snow. 


* I love the Today show, even though I only catch a pinch of it during the school year. I feel like they are all my friends. Is that weird? Willie also totally reminds me of my husband. 

There ya have it, a few random facts. 

Thanks for checking back in! Lots more to come, including details on my new blog design :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment