Thursday, August 15, 2013

Liebster Award


While I was away on my little blogging hiatus my friend Erin from It's "OWL" Good in Kindergarten nominated me for a Liebster Award! 

I am so honored that she thought of me and my little blog, thanks Erin!! 


Here are the rules that go along with the Liebster Award:
- Link back to the blog that nominated you.
- Nominate 5 to 11 blogs that have less than 200 followers.
- Answer the questions posted to you from your nominator.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Create 11 questions for your nominees.
- Contact your nominees via a comment or an email.


Here are the questions Erin had for me: 

1.  What made you decide to become a teacher?
I am a fourth generation educator, so I always say teaching is just in my blood :) I have just always loved teaching others, and truly believe it is a calling. 

2.  What is your favorite subject/skill to teach?
I love teaching Reading and Reading skills. In Kindergarten they are so fired up to learn to read, and I love watching to process unfold for them. 

3.  If you could take a trip anywhere, where would you go?
I would probably go back to Alaska. My husband and I taught there for a few years and did a bit of traveling around the state, but I would love to see more. I love Alaska!! 

4.  What is one school supply that you must have?
They are not technically school suplies, but a good water bottle and coffee mug are must haves for me. 

5.  What song(s) get you through the day?
Hmmm. . . It depends on the day. I like a wide range of music and always have Pandora playing in my room. The Laurie Berkner channel and Michael Buble are favs for in my room. 

6.  How would you describe a perfect teaching day?
Any day where we laugh a lot is a great day! I also love those days where something you are teaching sparks their interest and you feel like you could spend the whole day talking about that subject. 

7.  If you could teach any grade, what would it be and why?
Kindergarten, it is really where my heart is. 

8.  What is your favorite book?  (children's or adult)
My favorite children's book is King Bidgood's in the Bathtub ( I love Don and Audrey Wood, and the pics in this book are amazing!). My favorite adult book is the Notebook. Best. Book. Ever!!

9.  What is the one thing you wish you could change in education?
My district has been looking a lot at the Finnish model of education. (Each year we host two Finnish exchange student teachers.) I would love to see our country adapt their approach a bit more. 

10.  How long have you been teaching?
I will be heading into my 8th year of teaching. 

11.  What made you decide to start a blog?
I started my blog last winter. I was in a bit of a "teaching funk" and needed a way to push myself. I was so inspired my other blogs, I decided to give it a shot. 

Here are my 11 random (and I mean totally random) facts about me: 

1. I have naturally curly hair, that has a mind of its own. 
2. I love Frank Sinatra, he is my all time fav. 
3. I am terrible at downhill skiing. . . I mean super bad.
4. I'd love to be Martha Stewart when I grow-up. . . minus the whole jail thing. 
5. I am terrified of snakes. 
6. I love having bonfires in my back yard fire pit. 
7. Fall is my favorite season. 
8. I am working on eating healthier and exercising more. I started running this summer. 
9. I love a good game night. 
10. I like to scare people, but hate when people scare me. (Cracks me right up when Ellen scares people on her show.) 
11. I love coming home from school, getting into my sweatpants and spending time at home with my little fam. 

These are my nominees for the Liebster Award: 

Adrienne from A Day in the Life of a Kindergartner
Christy from Crayons and Whimsy
Stephanie from Elementary My Dear (Isn't that the cutest blog name!)
Julia at Lattes and Laughter
The sisters :) from Secrets of the Second Grade Sisters

My 11 questions are:
1. If you weren't teaching what would your dream job be?
2. What is your favorite morning drink?
3. Guilty pleasure?
4. What is your favorite weekend activity?
5. Are you more productive before or after school?
6. What is your go-to meal for dinner?
7. Favorite movie?
8. What makes you cringe?
9. How do you stay creative?
10. What talk show would you like to be a guest on?
11. What has surprised you the most about blogging?

Phew!! That was a long post. . . gold star for you, if you made it to the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment