Friday, May 10, 2013

Five For Friday

Where did this week go?? 

I had all kind of big plans to do detailed posts on our Geo Logs, Mother's Day project and other classroom happenings. . . . well. . . that didn't happen! 

So, here is a quick peek at our week in Five for Friday fashion :) 


 We added the final touches to our Geo Logs this week. Now all we need to do is add the string, and we are set. (The detailed post of this project really will be coming soon.) 


For the past 40 years, the Kindergarten teachers in my district have made silhouettes for the students to give as Mother's Day gifts. In the past the students have sat in front of an overhead while the teachers traced their outlines. (Not the easiest thing to do with little wiggle bottom Kinders!) 

This year we went high tech, took a profile picture of each student and printed them onto the back of the silhouette paper. After cutting each one out we mounted them to cardstock and laminated them. 

This was waaaaay faster!!!

We've been jamming out to Michael Buble this week. . . Just the kind of mellow goodness that is needed this time of year :) 


If you hear screaming and crying around 6:30pm, it is probably Edy. This girls LOVES being outside and HATES when she has to come in :) 

Finally, I am  blessed to live in a part of the world where we are, occasionally, treated to a beautiful display of Northern Lights. They are forecasting this weekend to be one of those times!! 








7 comments:

  1. I received similar silhouettes when my boys were in kindergarten. I cherish them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so sweet! Glad to know they will be enjoyed for years to come!

      Delete
  2. Finally nice weather! I would be screaming too! Looks like a fun week!
    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We keep getting beautiful days mixed with snowy wet days. She can't get enough of being outside on the nice days :)

      Delete
  3. What a special gift! I would love to get one of my daughter!
    Just Reed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! The Northern lights are stunning! How neat is that?! I also do silhouettes every February for President's week. And, yes, I have always done them with the overhead. Ugh! I'm going to tryt he high tech thingy!! i love your banner. I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete