Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A Linky, A Baby, and a Busy Week

The past few days have been a crazy, busy, whirlwind!!! I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off! 

 On Friday we were sent home early because of another snow storm. 



This is the current view out of my kitchen window. No grass, or signs of Spring in sight! See my six foot fence to the right?  Argh! 


On Saturday my family welcomed my new sweet nephew Silas into the world. He arrived six weeks early, but weighed in at a healthy 6+ pounds.  He is a such a little sweetie, I can't wait to snuggle with him!! 

I am also linking up with Latoya :) 


Here are my three favorite areas or things in my room. 

At the moment I am loving my ceiling. 
Yup. . . my ceiling! 
My kiddos are missing Spring just as much as I am, so we decided to bring Spring to our room by hanging colorful flower poofs all over! 

(sorry for the terrible iPhone photos) 


This swivel rocker was my Great Grandma's. I looove it, and so do my kids! This baby will be getting a new paint job, and a funky new seat cushion this summer!

My last favorites aren't places, but things.




I love this picture that my sister made for me. It is so bright and cheery and makes me smile when I walk in the door and see it each morning. 










 I also made one to display our school-wide expectations.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by! Holy snow!!! You totally so need to think spring!! I can't wait to see how you transform the chair. Don't forget to post pictures when you do!
    Meghan
    First Grade Hugs and High Fives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea I will do a before and after post for sure :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing your classroom. Those pom poms remind me of the tops of Truffula Trees. I'm so glad I found your blog. Thanks for letting us peek into your classroom.
    Sandra
    www.savvyteachingtips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you still love the picture I made for you! Let's make another one when I am home! xoxo

    ReplyDelete