Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Spring ???

Nothing like celebrating the first day of Spring with a snow day. 

I mean, I love a snow day just as much as the next teacher. . . . but 7 of them. . .  since January. . . come on!! 

My neck of the woods is known for snow. We are considered "Snow Country", but this is getting a bit ridiculous! 

Here is a little picture tour. 

This is the what part of my back yard looks like. That little roof you see on the right hand side of the pic is the roof of my garden shed. . .  that is about 7 feet tall. (Some of the snow around the side of it has been shoveled off the roof, and pushed in from the bank, but most of it is just pure accumulation.) 

Here is how high our banks are compared to my hubby's truck! 

This is the view going up my road. 

Sorry for the lack of posts related to school and classroom happenings. . . but SNOW is kind of the biggest thing that has been happening in these parts lately. 

As we were getting ready to head home early yesterday because of the storm, I overheard one of my kinders saying, "That little gopher was really wrong, Spring isn't coming early this year." :) 



5 comments:

  1. 7!? Omg that is so many snow days!! We have had one but I am ready for the cold and snow to go away!

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes 7!!! Isn't that crazy. We may have to make one up, boo!

      Delete
  2. What a cute little comment from your student! We didn't have snow yesterday for the first day of spring, but it definitely still feels like winter. I remember last year at this time it was already warm! I am definitely ready for some spring weather and so are my little kinder babies because they need to be able to go play outside!!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am your newest follower! :)

    Mrs. Pauley’s Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following Amanda! I hear ya, my kiddos could use some quality outside time too!

      Delete