Thursday, March 21, 2013

Quick and Easy

I love little activities that can fill those little lulls that pop up here and there. 

My kids have been loving this little writing activity that we call 4 Square Writing. 


We take a large piece of paper and fold it into 4 squares. Then we choose 4 sight words from our sight word jar. 


I post the words on my Smartboard, and the students create a sentence and illustration for each word. 




Simple and easy, and a great way to reinforce their writing and sight words.


Friday is almost here friends!!! 

4 comments:

  1. That's a really fun writing idea. It would be great in the mornings or when you have a few extra minutes. Thanks!

    Stacy
    Live Love Laugh and Teach!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great idea to use this in the morning!! I had never thought of that!!

      Delete
  2. This idea is PERFECT! I am going to try it today. I think my students will really enjoy it!! :) Thanks.

    Mrs. Pauley’s Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a totally awesome idea!! I will definitely be doing that with my littles after I get back from spring break (sorry, I'm not trying to rub that in your face haha I know you still have one more week to go!) I can't wait to see how it goes with my kids. You are one smarty smart lady, great idea! Thanks for sharing!

    Hugs,
    Khrys
    Keepinitkoolinkinderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete